A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tagged

I was tagged by Linda over at Silly Little Mischief to write 6 random things about me...so here are the rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you- Done!
2. Post the rules on your blog - right here!
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself- read below!
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs- um, no.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

1. I haven't used a real alarm clock since October 8, 2008. For 4 days in a row, I woke up anxious about the wedding/family/activities, so I didn't need the alarm. For 3 weeks I was on honeymoon and when we did need to get up early I used my running watch which has an alarm feature. And everyday since then, I've used my running watch. D$ and I like to think we are still on honeymoon since we don't have to wake up to a real alarm clock!

2. I work in the fundraising field, development as we like to call it, yet am afraid to make "the ask". I can't and will not ask an individual for money. I feel guilty asking people to sponsor me in the Race for the Cure. I have made the ask a few times in my career and it leaves me ucky and guilty for a long time. (to clarify, I do "back-end" giving relations: direct mail, telemarketing, online, etc)

3. I swear like a sailor. I drop the "F-bomb" like nobodies business. Not just that either. I can't make it through a conversation without spicing it up. Horrible habit. I tried to quit once for lent...I said the f-word ten minutes after I quit.

4. I am a cluttered person. My desk, my car, my nightstand, my dresser, my purse. But 9 times out of 10 I know exactly where something is. I just can't get rid of the clutter.

5. I'll be spending my first Christmas away from my parents this year. I am a bit bummed, but D$ and I have a wonderful time planned and we'll see his family on Christmas day. I will miss my dad and our late night drinks and chats in front of the Christmas tree. I'll miss our last minute runs to the store. I'll miss wrapping gifts with my mom in their bedroom watching some re-run show on tv. I'll miss putting bows on the dog's head. But, I'll wake up in my house, next to my spouse and we'll open gifts together.

6. Although be very loud, outgoing and vivacious...I am extremely introverted. I enjoy being alone and often look at awe at women in their 40's, 50's and 60's who are single and happy. If it weren't for D$, I'd be one of them. If I am not with D$, I'd rather be alone.

No comments: