A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

7 months, a few thoughts and a picture

Today we have 7 months until the wedding. My to do list is still overwhelming and starting to seem silly to me. Do I REALLY need colors? Can't the girls just show up in pretty dresses and stand by my side?

Fi's Grandpa is back in the hospital and not doing well. This makes me sad on many levels. I am also sadly reminded that my own Grandpa, in good health at 96, won't be able to come to the wedding, the travels would be too hard and too far for him. I am also reminded of our many friends and family who wont be there because they've gone too soon. sigh.

And finally a picture. A shout out to my pal, and yours- Ben. He googles an image like "fun" and the first picture is the picture he posts. I've had a lot of fun with this! I googled "bride" and this is the first picture that came up!


The caption said that the gentleman holding his head was accused of killing a Russian Bride! odd huh? Funnier to me (not that killing is funny) is that I have googled "bride" on 4 different computers and have gotten 4 different pictures. One was a NSFW picture of a "lady" in a veil and white lingerie. Which now I can't find at all (but not that I want to spend too much till looking for an image of a scantily clad woman). What kinda racket does google have going?
Seacrest out.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry to hear D's grandpa isn't doing well, and that your grandpa can't make it to the wedding. It is always sad to think about those who can't come to be with you on your most special day. But try to think about all those who *will* be there with you, by your side and watching from the crowd! :) And you should definitely google different words and put the pictures up regularly.