A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Little Things!

I about jumped out of my chair this morning when I read Introverted Wife's post about the annoying things her husband does!

I had a suck -ass day yesterday, so nothing in the world can make me happier than making fun of D$ and telling you what he does to annoy me!

He always, always has eye-boogers. He is like a cocker-spaniel in that regard. I can't stand to look him in the eyes when he has eye-boogers, therefore I am constantly telling him to wipe his eyes.

He likes to watch tv in bed. I HATE to watch tv in bed. In fact we only have one tv in our house and it is not in the bedroom. Instead he sets up the laptop and watches shows online or iTunes. I like to read in bed. So I go to bed about 9:30 and read for 30-45 minutes, fall asleep, he swoops in watches a show. It works for now, but as we are using some of the cash we got as gifts to buy a new tv AND get cable (I know, I know) I fear there will be more tv in the bedroom.

He has questionable table manners. I have fine table manners, when need be. My table problem, to be perfectly honest, is that I tend to eat with my mouth open. I broke my nose 3 times in about 18 months. This will make it difficult to breathe through your nose, so eating was hard...I ate with my mouth open. It is a habit I have found hard to break.

But D$? That man belches at the table, doesn't know what utensil to use, never puts his napkin on his lap...and the most irritating thing: he moves the dishes around. My paternal grandmother was super Victorian, she was a throwback, so when we had Easter dinner at her house, the china came out, fine silver...the works. When we go have Easter with his family, paper plates baby, paper plates. It was drilled in me that water glasses go here, dessert spoon here. He sits down and automatically moves his glasses and pushes his plate to the side. Don't get me wrong, when we eat at home, I belch at the table too, I get casual, but as soon as we go out, I like to follow the rules!

Okay, there you have it. What about you? What annoys you about your significant other?

4 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

I hate the idea of a TV in the bedroom too. I refused it when I was a teenager.

We do have his old little one in our bedroom as it doesn't really have anywhere else in the apartment to go (bathroom maybe?) but I don't think we've ever turned it on.

Linda said...

I had a sucky day yesterday too. Perhaps it was a lunar thing?
If we had a tv in the bedroom neither of us would ever leave the house.

Anonymous said...

my boyfriend doesn't rinse dishes when he puts it in the sink - oh it annoys me to no end. That and he leaves the shower curtain open after he takes a shower. Grrr.

And heck yeah - I'd love love love to meet you for eggs benedict! That would be awesome :)

Anonymous said...

It is proof that no matter how much we love our men they will always have certain more than one idiosyncrasy that will get to us!