A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Weight loss update: Week 2


The pounds are just melting away! Since April1st, I've lost 6 pounds!
I still have 14 more to go, but I am motivated and pleased by my progress!
My secrets:
Eating healthy and often: I have 5 little meals a day, keeps me full and fueled.
no alcohol: For a girl who loves her beer this has been hard. But I've had 2 drinks in 14 days and feeling good. I had a pint last night with dinner and I got a little buzz!
Moving: Everyday I've been moving a little. I've gotten back into running regularly, although not all the way back with miles. But even on Sunday, Fi and I took a 25 minute walk.

I'm not so naive to think that my weight loss will keep at this pace, but this little jump start has made me more motivated!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is crazy and I don't want you to lose weight the way I've needed to....but....I have found that (in addition to being sick) no liquor, substituting virgin olive and balsamic for butter, and chicken with farmer's cheese or lowfat mozzarella have wiped off 10 pounds. small meals also are better. The trick now will be to start eating and enjoying food again, and maintaining normal weight. I will make you my salmon/brown rice/vege medley dish, even I can eat that. and for desert lady fingers, sorbet and either poached pears (or figs when they are in season). and lots of lemon water, I don't know why, that is all I can drink. I also will make you/darrell small tapas plates (grilled chicken/pork, veges, potatoes and sauces on side for just dipping) for a dinner one night when I am better. wow I just reread this post as you can see I am a little obsessed with not being able to eat lately....

Jennifer said...

Dude... you seriously rock. You have so much discipline! I've always heard about the "eat many small meals" thing, but I just can't do it! I'm going to try to sub in more fruits for snacks, but the bars I have are like, 90 calories, not too bad. Arggg. I hate loving food so much.