A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Monday, February 25, 2008

The other side...


My co-worker Jenny returned to work today. She and her partner had a commitment ceremony 2 weeks ago and enjoyed a week honeymoon in Hawaii. I feel honored to have contributed a *bit* to their day. I was able to recommend a band, photog, hair stylist and other wedding vendors to the couple. They took me up on a few suggestions and brought me a lovely trinket back from Maui.

I am happy for them and looking at Jenny today as she talked about the ceremony and reception really excites me for when I am on the other side of wedding planning. Jenny is tanned and relaxed and just - is. She shared a few stories but overwhelmingly, you could feel the happiness that she exudes.
I am looking forward to being on the other side!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Alooooooooha!! Hawaii would be perfect to wind down after all the excitement and hullaballoo of a wedding! I can't wait till you're on the other side, too!!

Unknown said...

The other side is the long and happy journey through the rest of your life, this time with a partner to share the ride with you.