A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Monday, June 16, 2008

The anti bride?

Read the article here.

A few things I identify with:
Bridal boutiques give you the creeps. You better believe they do.

You don't believe that the wedding is "all about the bride". No, unfortunately for my sanity, I tend to believe they are all about the families. Yup, this one has come back to bite me on the ass.

You let your bridal party decide what to wear. I have to say, they weren't all about it. I gave them options of colors and all I got was a lot of "whatever you like"s. I appreciate it, but I felt like I was doing them a favor. In the end, we all decided on a color and they can pick their own dress.

You fight tooth and nail not to have a bridal shower. And I'm fighting tooth and nail to avoid the second one to no avail. The first was nice and fun, and I'm sure this one will be nice too, but sheesh, I don't like all the attention.

You'd rather go for a hike than have a bachelorette party. My FSIL/BM really really wants to throw me a bachelorette party. Very sweet. But I don't want one. I'd rather go bowling or hiking or to lunch than get sloppy drunk wearing a penis necklace.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Guess I better return the penis necklace.

Anonymous said...

You go girl ;)