A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Map of our invitations

I thought you might be interested, like me, to see the break down of where our wedding invitations went to.


The above map shows all the states that our invitations were delivered to (not shown: Russia). Here is a breakdown by number of invitations (not people):


Arizona: 33

Kansas: 9

California: 6

Texas: 5

Illinois: 4

every other state, plus DC: 1

So that's 18 states, one District and one international!



What's most striking to me is I lived in Michigan for 5 years (ages 8-13) and there is no one from MI invited. 13 is a hard age to hang on to long-distance friendships and my parents just weren't that close to anyone there. Most of our good friends live out of town too, so about half of the guests invitide from AZ are Fis famly and his parents friends.

I'm a very visual person, so it is fun to see where our invitations went to!

3 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

You could save up all the stamped areas of your returned RSVPS and make a collage to show where your invite went off to.

Jennifer said...

Ooo, I like what blablover5 mentioned! And I loved the map! :)

Emerson said...

What a very cool idea!