A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Caution!

We've all read them...you know those GAzillion articles and wedding checklists reminding you to get your hair color/cut/facials/waxing a week before your wedding.

Well I implore, nay beg you, to follow the rules.

May my right eyebrow be a lesson to us all.

Friday I had my hair color and cut with my hair dresser extraordinaire. I also had a brow shaping with my usual waxer.

Well the wax was a bit hotter than usual and I have a burn above my right eye. Today looks a lot better today than yesterday and yesterday looked better than Friday. I am confident my eye will heal and there will be but a trace of a burn if anything by Saturday.

But had I not followed the rules...I'd be in a bit of a pickle for the wedding.

2 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

Both me and my guy went to get our final hair cuts about a month before the wedding and while you can't do anything to mess mine up his is a challenge.

He's got so much wavy hair that it takes a long while to cut and the woman who did it this time was so hurried that it's a terrible butcher job. Hopefully it'll fill in more before.

Anonymous said...

Less than a week - I'm so excited for you!! You'll look great no matter what. Just dont go trying anything new for the rest of the week ;)