A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm getting Married today!

HOLY CRAP.

I've been up since 4:30- just awake and thinking. I hope I can make it through the day. My love for Fi has not waivered and I have not questioned it once during this process- but man am I a bundle of nerves today.

I'm not sure if I am hungry or nauseous. I am sleepy but can't go back to sleep. I keep trying to convince myself that today is any other day, but my stomach is not agreeing.

I know what I am doing today is not unique. Society has given us this tradition and I am playing my role. That role is so ingrained in me, that if necessary I can just act it out. But I want to be present and I want to be calm and I want my stomach to help me out a bit.

So in a few moments I am going to put on my running clothes and meet my dad for a jog. Then he and I will meet up with my mom and go have breakfast together. Then the day begins.

I'll see you on the other side!

8 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

Good luck, take lots of pictures, and have fun.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

have a great day!!! enjoy every minute of it and don't sweat the small stuff!

Tara Vorhes said...

Enjoy every minute of your day! And it is unique because it is you! Have a wonderful day.

Ellie said...

Yay! Congratulations! It feels gorgeous outside, and overcast weather really is the best for photos. Crossing my fingers about the rain for you!

Linda said...

Congrats. Enjoy every minute of it. See you on the other side!

Silvia said...

Congratulations and have a wonderful time!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations,I hope that you took time to just breath and enjoy the day!I'm sure everything was wonderful!

Emerson said...

Love in abundance . . . from the "other side!"