A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Ceremony

The guests were seated. The mothers walked to their seats with small bouquets. The debonair groomsmen and groom took their places next to Jennifer's uncle who officiated. The bridesmaids in their gorgeous kelly green dresses walked down the aisle and took their places. The beyond-adorable flowergirl smiled on her walk up to join the bridesmaids.

The Father and the Bride (courtesy of Chris Richards)

And a stunning bride descended the stairs from the balcony, arm in arm with her father. To be honest, I don't remember much of their walk past me down the aisle as I was busy wiping away tears and trying to stifle my sniffles.

During the ceremony (courtesy of Chris Richards)

The ceremony was poignant and wonderful. Various readings were made by one of the groom's uncles, Jennifer's sister-in-law, and Mel. I could feel the love and fond memories coming from each of the readers as well as the officiant, who also officiated at both of Jennifer's older brothers' weddings. There was laughter, there were tears. There were vows, and then there was a marriage.

Woo hoo! (courtesy of Chris Richards)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet! the copper chair sashes look wonderful :)

Unknown said...

I love the expressions of the bridal party in the background of the woo-hoo photo (and also check out the faces of the bride and groom). I will be interested to hear about the readings in the ceremony.

Sarah said...

Beautiful wedding! Thanks for sharing.

I've tagged you on my blog:
notjustamilitarywife.today.com

Hannah said...

Great pictures!! love the last one :)