1. Know that it will not be easy.
2. Spend way too much time trying to get it done by yourself before yelling at your Fi to help.
3. Ignore the task for a week.
4. Dedicate an evening to it, knowing full well, it will only take a few minutes, how hard could it be!
5. Have fi bring home a bottle of champagne (as a surprise) and drain it of its contents while moving people around.
6. Stand over your dining room table filled with escort cards, moving folks around for 2-3 hours.
7. Awe at your brilliance when you make connections (ie JOE is a doctor and my cousin Susan IS A DOCTOR too, so clearly they must sit together! Duncan is a navy pilot, Matt was in the Navy - table 7, done!)
8. Act surprised when at 11:00pm after 4.5 hours that it took THAT long and bask in your glory of getting all 112 people at 14 tables.