A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Thursday, July 3, 2008

On the road again

Cut it with the Wizard of Oz jokes, cause yup, I'm headed to my parent's house in Kansas. My pops called me a few months ago and asked if I could come home one last time as a single lady. Sheesh, sweetest thing ever. I'll suck up the 60% humidity for that. I heart my dad. I am a daddy's girl and I always will be. I still have him wrapped around my little finger, and he has me wrapped around his! He and my mom are 2 of my bestest friends. I love them more everyday and I am really looking forward to just hanging with them.



But a trip home would not be complete with out a little wedding celebration! My mom's pals (who are all invited to the wedding and are ALL coming) are throwing me a shower on Saturday. One of the ladies made a cute Southwestern themed invitation for me!



It should be a nice time and I am looking forward to spending a few hours with the women in my mom's life. I'm sure I'll have a nice wrap up when I get back on Sunday!

Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww, what an adorable invite!!! And definitely soak up the parental attention. What your dad said almost made me cry! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

happy 4th and have fun :)