A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Photos.

Dude, if you happen to secretly read my blog and not tell me about it...fine, just don't read any further today, mkay? Love.





I really didn't mean to make you beg, but I was on the fence about posting pictures. Since some guests do read the blog I was wary of them seeing me pre-wedding day in my gown, but I think I'm over it now.

Go photos go.


All strapped in and hemmed! Whatchu think? (also notice bright pink sign that say "NO PHOTOS Allowed!", yeah, this isn't the first time I've broken that rule, plus this is my dress).




I like the angle of this picture, I was up on the tailor step thingy and Melisa is not even 5 feet tall....I also love the lines on my dress, very flattering on me I think.



Practicing sitting. I have horrible posture, but the combo of the corset and the boning in the dress will help with that. Ignore the armpit issue...hopefully it won't be as bad when I am sitting more naturally.



The bustle. Notice the gap above my butt, below the lacing? The seamstress will be putting in two more loops on each side so the lacing will come down further and not be as noticeable...and maybe in the next 34 days I can run an inch off my ass...





Overall I felt good in the dress. I'll definitely be watching every calorie that goes in my mouth from now until the wedding, I just felt snug. Although this was sans spanx, maybe I should go get some? Besides the hem and the little loops she'll be adding the seamstress has no other alterations...I do feel lucky about that! Oh and best part ever...no bra necessary! SWEET!

7 comments:

Dana said...

Your dress is pretty. I like the detail in front. Heck I have broken the rule of no photos as well.

Jenna said...

I would say that is pretty freaking good for no spanx. I haven't had any photos taken in mine without any spanx on because it makes such a nice line on my tummy. I am in love with the folds. Folds are so much nicer than pickups.

Linda said...

I love your dress. It looks beautiful on you. I'm not to proud to beg for dress photos :)

Ellen Mint said...

Looks gorgeous. I went sans spanx for my fitting as well so I can give myself some wiggle room.

Anonymous said...

sooo pretty! I love the sweetheart neckline and gathering in the front. You look fabulous and I can see it with your wedding jewelry too.

Tara Vorhes said...

Oh! So pretty!!! And you look so happy!

Having spanx on hand is not a bad idea... but I will say that my dress was snug at my final fitting and Loose the day of the wedding. Not sure how that happened! And with a strapless it is better to be snug than too loose!

Unknown said...

I love how the lines gather this way and that and shape you. I love the detail and lacing in the back. I am amazed that the bra is built in and glad the dress is comfortable in addition to being beautiful. And I love the happiness in your expression! Great photos by Melisa, too. Wow, the day is getting mighty close now....