A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

sometimes he is even right!

The best decision we made (nay Fi made for me) was to cut out our quartet. I cried, I screamed, I uttered the words: Don't you want me to have my DREAM wedding?! And he did not budge. I fired our quartet and then set to work coming up with music for the ceremony.

Somewhere half way through that process I realized that by having to play pre-recorded music meant I could have Wynton Marsalis play at my wedding. I could have Patti Griffin sing. I could have everything I wanted- just recorded.

Without further ado, our ceremony music:



Prelude: Vivaldi Autumn I & III

Mother's entrance: Patti Griffin's Heavenly Day

Bridal Party: Pachelbel Canon in D

Processional: Eternal Source of Light Divine, Wynton Marsalis and Kathleen Battle

Recessional: Scotland the Brave, performed by a real live bagpiper

I am really happy with the flow and the expression of the music we picked. I am kicking myself a little (just a little) for not coming to this decision a) on my own and b) sooner. Eh.

2 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

I think we're gonna have Autumn at ours too.

I say I think as that was the only sort of request I made. Otherwise our organist is making it all up.

Hi fiance has told me that he's boughten some music for it at least.

Anonymous said...

live bag pipers - AWESOME