A gathering of ideas, rants, reflections leading up to the big day

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lets say it together: Back away from the DIY and no one will get hurt.

I went to the Z tonight to talk with some vendors and finalize a few things. The Z has this shed filled with crap* left over from weddings upon weddings. So I went and peaked in and found a few good things:
1. Those glass rock thingies to put at the bottom of a vase- check!
2. 72 glass votive holders- check!
3. 1 bajillion vases for my centerpieces- check!
4. Table numbers -check!

Then while waiting to talk to my DJ I ran into Amelia, my linen lady. We chatted and she invited me back to do a table mock-up. Awesome! I never thought about doing that! Then I showed her my invitation and she asked why I was using boring old ivory and champagne linens when I could use ivory and copper linens- check! I shared with Amelia my centerpieces and she like many before her was amazed that Mel, Jenn and I made the flowers! Well Amelia ran away with the copper, paper flower, Mexicana idea and suggested luminaries, or Terra cotta pots brushed with copper paint, or a bunch of other effing ideas that are now jumping through my head.

This is why we must now repeat together:
Back away from the DIY and no one will get hurt.
Back away from the DIY and no one will get hurt.
Back away from the DIY and no one will get hurt.
Back away from the DIY and no one will get hurt.
Back away from the DIY and no one will get hurt.

Right?
* there is a lot of lovely things in the shed, but most of it is the stuff at the end of the night that any bride in her right mind would say- nope trash it....it is the island of misfit wedding decore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you got a lot in the shed! FUN. Ooh I cannot wait to see what Amelia comes back with for your table design - glad you ran into her, I'm loving the copper linen idea - great color that you dont see in any weddings, i'm excited for you. whoo hoo

Emerson said...

God bless those hard core DIY-ers. I have to stop feeling bad about myself for being so uncreative and thumbsy.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I probably would have went crazy in that shed. They would have had to drag me away from it. LOL!